Disclaimer: Ulysses 31 was created by Jean Chalopin and Rene Borg.

No profit is made from this writing.

Summary: Numinor's thoughts

Rating - G

~~~~~~

SILENT SONG

 

 

"Mortals! You defy the Gods! I sentance you to travel among unknown stars! Until you find the Kingdom of Hades, your bodies will remain as lifeless as stone!"

 

It is the last thing I hear. The last thing I remember. The last thing I feel.

I wait in silence before I can come alive again. My main concern is for my little sister Yumi. Although she is very independent, she depends on me for comfort, advice, though I am unable to give it to her, as I feel my body suspended above the floor. I cannot move. I sense others are with me, though I cannot speak to them. I cannot hear their thoughts. I feel I am in Zabab, humans call it Hell.

Often she comes to me. I vaguely feel my sister gently holding my feet and I hear her voice, though it sounds so very distant, yet close at the same time. She assures me that we will make it, that I will live again and she fills me with hope. I wish I could tell her how much that means to me, and she has given me the confidence that someday I will. She tells me when we pass through the Kingdom of Hades we will be free. I hope Hades is more reasonable than the other Gods, and from what I know about Earth's mythology, Hades was the most just of all the Gods, and so that fills me with yet more hope.

I hear my sister's youthful voice again, filled with sadness as she holds me and cries. I want to comfort her, but alas I cannot. I want to sing to her ... and I do. I wonder if she can hear my silent song?

 

*

 

 

Back to Ulysses 31 Page