Disclaimer: The Harry Potter Universe was created by J. K. Rowling.

No monetary profit is being made from this writing

Summary: Detention with Snape ...

Author's note: Detentions at my old high school were always on Friday afternoons after school. Pity we didn't have any teachers who looked as gorgeous as Alan Rickman! ;) And they were all muggles too! Well I was a good girl. :) I only had four detentions in my school life. But I guess hey, Snape taught there I would've have had more ... LOL!! ;)

Rating PG

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~

ONE FRIDAY DETENTION

 

"Nice to see you all here again." Snape said. His sarcasm was not lost. "Potter. Weasley. Granger. Avalon. Not a good start to your first month." He looked at the new girl.

Kitt Avalon looked ashamed.

"You will all be relieved to know you will not be pickling rats’ brains this afternoon."

The students looked a bit brighter, but wary as to what Snape had in mind. Only Kitt seemed to be paying full attention.

"Your attempt last time at pickling was abysmal. No, today each of you will write me an essay on potions and your favourite thing about the lesson, and ‘the end of the lesson’ does *not* count. No talking. You have one hour. Begin."

The students sighed as they began. Kitt was the only one who seemed enthusiastic.

"No doodling," Snape said when he saw Ron doodling.

When detention was over, the students were relieved, though Kitt seemed content to keep writing.

"You may stop writing, Miss Avalon, unless you want to stay here for another hour."

Reluctantly, she placed down her quill. "Yes, Professor."

The children handed in their papers and filed out of the dungeon, discussing what they wrote about. Kitt didn’t seem to say much.

Snape was mildly amused to read that Harry liked the cure-all potion. Typically, Hermione seemed interested in all potions and Ron seemed to like the boils potion. When he looked at Kitt’s essay, she seemed to like some boy in the class and wrote about him. Typical Snape thought. But he was bored so read it anyway.

`Potions in the dungeon ... subtly simmering, smoking, bewitching the mind and senses ... The ingredients rare and exotic ... The way he enters the dungeon, robes flowing, smelling subtly of sandalwood and cinnamon. Makes this class better than any other. I’d sigh, but I daren’t make a sound. The way his dark robes swirl with the mists, and compliment his slender body, his dark hair gently touching his pale face. I see him walking in the corridors ... At mealtimes. I hope he never notices me watching him...’

Snape shook his head as he continued to read. "Just tell him an get on with it."

‘I feel so stupid ... if he ever found out, what would I do? Though I can never tell him. Yeah, like I can hardly invite him to the Yule Ball. My heart aches so. I sigh... Ohh Gods above and below what can I do ... I just can’t tell him, it’s not possible ... He’d laugh at me, or worse. Has anyone ever loved him? Just to hear his subtle voice, ohh I melt every time I hear it and I hear it almost every day. Music to my ears the way he ... Oh it’s no use ... I can only imagine what it would be like to be with him ... In his arms, tucked away beneath his robes, his long hair caressing my face ... But sadly, it will have to remain a fantasy, subtly simmering, enchanting the mind and senses ...’

Snape placed the paper down, shaking his head, though not without curiosity at who this mystery person was.

//He’s someone in my class...// Snape thought as he stood and skimmed the paper again, curious. //There’s no one in my class with long, dark hair ... Smelling like sandalwood and cinnamon?// Snape sniffed the air and slowly looked up, staring at the wall. He had just realised who she had been writing about.

And he fainted.

*

 

 

Back to Snape/Lucius Page