Disclaimer: The Sailor Moon Universe was created my Naoko Takeuchi.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic.

Summary: Molly mourns Neflite.

Rating PG

~~~~~~~

ANGELS BE WITH YOU

 

The past week, Molly had been having trouble sleeping, and due to this was having trouble at school, and at home. Her parents had expressed concern, but did not know what to do.

Tonight, Molly had fallen asleep at half past ten. It was now well past midnight, and she began to feel uncomfortable and awoke with tears in her eyes. She gazed at her window, through her teary eyes, at the dark starlit sky, her white mesh curtain blowing gently in the cool wind, through the slightly open window. Molly suddenly slammed her head into her pillow and cried, not too loudly as she did not want to wake her parents and she wanted to be alone. She didn't feel they would understand just how special Neflite had been to her. It had been a full week since his murder, and Molly did not think she would ever get over it or ever love another as she had loved him. It had not been a sexual love - she was too young for that. Neflite had been kind to her, saved her life, and been killed for it. He had been part of the evil Negaverse, which Molly now despised for what they had done and hoped Sailor Moon and the Sailor Scouts would vanquish it once and for all.

Neflite, once evil, had discovered the good in himself and died for it.

"Why .... why .... why..." she sobbed into her pillow. "It's so un...fair..." Molly gulped for air and could not stop herself from crying. She gazed again at her window, wishing Neflite would appear, like he had once before, outside.

She remembered his deep, gentle voice and listened to it in her head and remembered him, tall, slender, vibrant long wavy red hair, and his gentle face. Molly managed a sad smile when she remembered how confused Neflite had been at her kindness even after he had used her for his evil deeds, and she remembered the time she shared with him by the tree, talking, and laughing about sharing a chocolate parfait. Sadly, that was never to be. Molly cried more and thumped her pillow until her arm ached, then sat up in bed, her head, chest and stomach aching. Her wavy red shoulder length hair a mess, her kind face streaked with tears. She wanted the pain to go away, but knew it would not. She did not know how to overcome the tragic loss. Molly reached over for her water glass, took a large sip, then put it down. The moment she realised she had stopped crying, more tears forced their way out and Molly let them flow, accompanied by soft whimpering. She did not want to stop. She seemed not to notice the wind pick up, or her curtain blow higher. Molly sniffed and wiped her face, but more tears came.

"Neflite..." she sobbed quietly, "where are you ... I need you ... Why did you have to die? ... Why did they have to kill you?...." Molly cried more. "Ohh, Neflite... I'm sorry ... If it ... wasn't for me ... you'd be ... all right ...." Her words were broken by sobs. "I wish you were here with me..."

But I am, Molly.

Molly's eyes widened. "Neflite?" Her voice was raised slightly in disbelief. "Where are you?" She looked around, hoping she was not hearing things.

I'm in you, Molly. Please don't torture yourself like this. I can't bear to see you in pain and please don't blame yourself for what happened. If it wasn't for you, I would never have discovered the good within myself. For that I sincerely thank you.

"But I miss you..." Molly sobbed.

And I you. Although we cannot physically be together, I'll always be with you. Inside your heart. Anything is possible, Molly. I even tried a chocolate parfait. It was good!

Molly smiled.

I'll always be here when you need me. All you have to do is ask and believe.

"I do believe." And she did with all her heart. Molly smiled again through tears, this time happy tears. She could feel Neflite's warmth and love and thanked the Universe for not taking him away fully. "And I'll always be here for you," she said, pushing her hands gently onto her heart.

I love you, Molly, for the love, understanding and freedom of spirit you have given me. Angels be with you.

Molly smiled. "Thank you, Neflite. I'll always love you."

She could almost see Neflite smile. Now rest yourself, little one.

Molly suddenly began to realise how tired she was, and was grateful Saturday morn followed and she could catch up on her sleep, but most of all she was grateful that Neflite was not entirely lost. She had learned in this short time that death was not the end of everything, but perhaps a new beginning or a transition to a different form of life. She would miss Neflite's physical presence as he would hers, but Molly now knew she would never be alone. She smiled to herself as she lay her head on her pillow, avoiding the large wet spot, grateful neither it or the aching pain would be there the following nights. Molly closed her eyes, curled up in bed in her comfortable loose pyjamas, relaxed herself and was fast asleep within seconds, her soft breathing and the occasional whisper of the night wind being the only sounds in her room.

Sweet dreams, little one.

And Neflite watched over her for a long time to come.

*

 

Back to Sailor Moon Page