Disclaimers: Saint George (Lucasfilm) crated the Star Wars Universe.  Lucasfilm owned by Disney. George Lucas created the Star Wars Universe. Movies by 20th Century Fox/Disney. I make no Republic Datari {Credits}, Peggats, Truguts, Wupiupi, etc from my fanfic/fanart/fanfunnies.  Story written purely for enjoyment and the only profit I make is the happiness my writing brings.   The Force is With You Always :)

 

Summary: You help Qui-Gon escape the Sith

An AU story

 

Rating PG

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

HOLIDAY BUSINESS

 

 

You and your mother have been invited to attend Palpatine's Coronation, becoming Supreme Chancellor. You are loathe to attend, but you must. You know Palpatine's dirty and you know his deep, dark secret - but it's too soon to let the womp rats out of the bag. Your mother knows nothing of Palpatine's deception and you'd rather keep it that way. You are not sure how good an actress she'll be and she's staunchly against all things evil - you can't get much more evil than Palpatine and you doubt your mother would be able to hide her feelings from him.

You are horrified that among the other important guests, she's bought gifts for *him*. Bath products. You feel envious as your eyes devour the Alderaanian honey milk bubble bath, the Tatooinian exfoliating sand scrub, the Malastarian thermal volcanic mud soap. It's all too much. Here your mother was spoiling rotten this conniving former machiavellian senator. The last time she bought you special bubble bath and soaps, you were five. You'd been buying your own ever since. You hold up a bath fizzer bomb, wishing you could put a real one inside the thing. Messy, but effective. You are even more horrified to learn your mother has written, "To Dearest Chancellor Palpatine ... Sincerest congratulations on your election. Love," both her and your names are there. Your mother is affectionate, she always writes 'Love,' even when she doesn't know the person, but love is the last thing you feel for the bastard. This is too much.

"I've never even seen the guy, Mum ..." You complain. Well not in person thank the Force.

"He helped save Naboo."

You almost scoff. "He might not be all he appears."

"Most politicians aren't," she says with a smile, "but he seems nice and peaceful enough."

//So does a piranha infested lake,// you think, but best leave it at that. The last thing you want is your poor mother fretting, but you have to put up with the next worst thing, her frantically rushing and fussing and attempting to brush your hair into a hideously daggy style. You mess it up the second she enters the other room.

* * *

Society's 'elite' are invited to this little gathering, all around Palpatine all day, congratulating him. Some, you don't even have to have the Force to see from miles away couldn't really give a pile of Bantha poodoo about Palpatine, either they respect or fear his power. You don't give a poodoo about him either, though you know it will be fatal if he knew how much you knew. Palpatine has a smile plastered on his face, more plastic than a child's Barb'Ee doll. You steer clear, not wanting want to confront the Chancellor unless you have to. You see someone else, deftly avoiding him - Ex-Chancellor Valorum, and join him by the scrumptious salad table.

"The TaBo'LiH's nice," you say.

He smiles and speaks your name. "Never been one to fuss with politics have you?"

"Bores the poodoo out of me to tell you the truth."

He smiles again. "Me too, but someone's got to do it." He lowered his voice. "Just wish it wans't him."

We both knew who 'him' was. "Exactamundo. I'm sorry about..."

"Don't be. It'll work out in the end."

"I hope so." You sip a glass of berry nectar.

You know you can trust Finis Valorum, but always cautious not to reveal too much and do not tell him exactly why you are here.

Your mother has been called back on an urgent business trip and has left the gifts with you. You are relieved. The less she knows the better. You happily give Valorum his gift. He unwraps it and smiles. "I haven't used bubblebath since I was five."

"Indulge," you say with a smile.

"I will ... I hope Master Qui-Gon's all right," he says, lowering his voice further. "Obi-Wan made it back safely. He wanted to go back for his Master, but the Council forbade him - too dangerous. Young Kenobi would have gone anyway, so much like his Master, but he sensed it was better he stay here."

"I'm sure Qui-Gon's fine," you say, quietly.

Usually you would have spoken in private, but with the Force Sensitivity you do have you sense no other life forms or recording devices. Obviously, to your advantage, Palpy isn't expecting a spy.

* * *

Narrowly avoiding their Sith pursuant, Qui-Gon and Anakin landed safely and inconspicuously on Coruscant, days behind the Nubian Starship. The Jedi Master, relieved to sense Obi-Wan, the Queen, her handmaidens, guards, pilots, Jar Jar and R2 D2 all made it unharmed.

He and Anakin almost didn't make it off Tatooine. Qui-Gon had the good fortune of winning two passages on a small ship. What would become of Ani if he could not protect him, the Jedi Master shuddered to think. Maul would either have killed him or taken him to his Master. It pained Qui-Gon to realise this kind boy could so easily be turned, he had quite a temper and no patience, which Qui began to teach him to control on the way to Coruscant.

The Jedi Master entered a small boutique with the child prodigy, thanking the Force they did accept Republic credits and purchased outfits, footwear, a suitcase, purple shoulder bag and bundle of horrible clothes on extra, extra cheap sale, to which the shop assistant looked absolutely ecstatic to get rid of.

Qui-Gon wasted no time in booking himself and Anakin into a nearby hotel under assumed names, Liam and Lloyd.

//Quiet your mind, Ani.// Qui-Gon sent a Force wave to Anakin, sensing the boy's nervousness. //There is danger here. Fear is very easy to sense.//

The young boy nodded, then frowned, shut his eyes tightly. //Yes ... Master ... Qui-Gon.//

The Jedi Master chuckled softly. //You don't have to try so hard. I heard you.//

"You did?"

"Ssh. Yes."

Anakin smiled.

In their room, while Anakin was having a bath, Qui-Gon flipped through the Coruscant Convention Center brochure. A formal in Palpatine's honor, being held there tonight. He sensed Palpatine was Darth Maul's Master, though he needed proof.

The little child, emerged clean and dry, a towel wrapped around his body.

"Have you seed that bathtub?! Jabba could drown in there!"

Qui-Gon smiled. It was indeed a gift to see things with the wonder of a child. "One day you'll see an ocean," he promised.

"You've given me so much already."

The Jedi Master smiled gently.

"I can't thank you enough, Master Qui-Gon ... I miss my mom, but..."

"You'll see her again, Ani. I'll go back and free her, I promise, once I get this converted into something Watto will find appetizing." He held up his credit pad.

Anakin smiled. "He's not quite as bad as some of the slave Masters."

Qui-Gon nodded. "No one should have to live as a slave. No one person has the right to own another."

"I so agree."

Anakin placed his arms around Qui-Gon. The Jedi Master knelt and returned the embrace. "Now I must bathe," he said. "I smell like a space pirate."

The child sniffed. "You smell fine, a little musky maybe."

Qui-Gon smiled. "I won't be long."

Anakin wasn't kidding about the bath, Qui-Gon thought. Even he felt tiny in it as he settled into the warm, water. Although comfortable, his lightsaber within reach should trouble arise, Qui-Gon hoped he wouldn't have to leap from the hot tub and fight the Sith naked.

He sighed inwardly. It wasn't often he was able to indulge in this manner, then he spotted something - a bottle of foam bath. The Jedi Master grinned and poured a generous amount of the aromatic green elixir into the steaming bath, then madly began to agitate the water, creating mountains of bubbles.

//Stop that, Master Qui-Gon, you're having too much fun.//

Qui chuckled as he blew the bubbles, then submerged himself completely, running his hands through his thick hair, now thick with dust, sand and dirt from the mission, which he was glad to wash away.

He emerged from the bath, towel wrapped around his person.

"We'll have to get rid of our old clothes, Ani," he said. "If anyone searches the room, something may be recognised."

The little boy nodded. "Can I keep my necklace? My Mother made it."

Qui-Gon smiled and nodded. Just wear it under your clothes for now. We'll have to get rid of our bag too. Is there anything in it you want to keep?"

Ani rummaged through it, took out a circuit, a picture of his mother in a frame and a good luck charm, an intriguing looking female figure.

"She's an Ancient Dream Goddess from Alderaan. My mother made her from some left over pewter."

The Jedi Master smiled. "And she's almost as lovely."

Anakin smiled back as Qui-Gon began placing their old clothes in the dispersal unit. "I'll miss this," he said, holding up his grey poncho.

"You can make another one."

Qui-Gon smiled and nodded. "Disperse," he said and watched as the items dematerialised, their molecules being recycled.

The Jedi Master handed Anakin the new outfit he had purchased, a loose fitting brown tunic, while he donned his own.

"Looks really good on you," Ani said, looking at Qui-Gon, wearing the extremely comfortable pastel green cotton outfit, made from light cotton and simple shoes. "Thank you," Qui-Gon said with a smile. "I hope you like yours."

"It's nice ... You know, I love her, but sometimes my mom made me wear really daggy clothes."

Qui chuckled. "Mothers can be like that ... Now, Ani ... make a mess."

"What?"

"Make a mess. Jedi are notorious for keeping everything in order and we have to throw them off our scent."

"You mean I get to *mess up* my room?"

"Yes."

"Yippee! This is so wizard!"

The Jedi Master smiled. "Don't make it look too obvious." He dropped some extremely touristy brochures he had picked up on the table, while Anakin took great pleasure in unmaking and jumping on the bed and untidying the notepaper by the intercom unit.

Qui-Gon placed the suitcase on the floor, with the terrible clothes he had bought on sale.

Anakin smiled. "Now I see why you bought all those."

Qui-Gon held up one of the t-shirts, murky khaki, with a design consisting of a splotch of fluorescent lime-yellow, dull orange with a sickly yellow glow. "You honestly didn't think I'd wear this did you? Looks like a Bantha threw up."

Anakin laughed. "I hope I still have my sense of humor when I get to be your age ... Oh ... I didn't mean that the -"

"It's all right..." Qui smiled as he placed the shirt on top of the dress, a hideous pattern of the fakest looking flowers Ani had ever seen, the garment so small it wouldn't've even fitted him. Ani didn't dare to even look at the rest of the worrisome wardrobe.

"And now since we're tourists... Let's go and have some fun."

"I thought you said being a Jedi would be a hard life," Anakin said, half smiling.

"Most of the time," the Jedi Master said with a smile.

* * *

Anakin and Qui-Gon made their way down to the enormous outdoor pool and changed into over shirts. He placed his lightsabre, his and Anakin's belongings into the purple bag and put it into the secure cubicle at the side of the pool, making sure he could open it in a flash of Force to draw his sabre if need be.

Anakin was grateful to be with Qui-Gon, although he was the only Jedi Master the young boy had met, he sensed that the older man was like no other. As they played together in the pool, Anakin decided Qui-Gon didn't look older than forty, and although the Jedi was twenty years older, he had a youthful look and a kindness Anakin had only ever seen in the eyes of his mother.

Suddenly the young boy felt a cold shiver, as though he had been instantly transported to Hoth. The look in Qui-Gon's eyes told him something wasn't right here. The Jedi Master waded to the boy, Anakin, too frightened to even speak with the Force.

//Don't look up,// he heard Qui-Gon's voice in his mind.

Anakin obeyed, as he saw a shadow cast.

Qui-Gon took him by the hand, careful himself not to look skyward, as the Sith Infiltrator hovered overhead.

Qui-Gon made sure his body obscured any above vision of the boy, as they waded out of the pool, and kept Anakin close to him.

Sensing something, Darth Maul placed his ship on hover and looked down. All he could see was tourists, honeymooners and other pleasure seekers by a poolside. He scrutinised, deciding it would be a good place for a Jedi to hide - in a crowd.

Qui-Gon had used the Force to call quite a few people into the pool, and so he and Anakin didn't look conspicuous as they left, discreetly.

The two picked up their clothes and towels. Qui-Gon stood behind a large ancient style pillar, big enough to hide him and Anakin, while he wrapped a towel around their heads.

//I know it looks daggy, but-//

//Master, Qui-Gon, I'd rather be daggy than dead.//

The Jedi Master smiled. As did Anakin, proud of how focused he was as he spoke to Qui-Gon's mind. Together they entered the hotel and returned to their room, where the two dried off.

"It won't take them long to discover where we are. Maul obviously sensed us here."

"Don't blame yourself," Anakin said, as if sensing Qui-Gon's thoughts. "It's hard for both of us."

Qui-Gon smiled warmly. "Thank you, Anakin."

* * *

Anxious, Obi-Wan paced in the Jedi Temple. He was relieved to hear the Trade Federation had backed off from Naboo, but what of his Master and the young child he had been so adamant about?

//Obi-Wan...//

//Master!...//

//Quiet your thoughts, Padawan. Naboo might be safe for now, however these are dangerous times. Something is still very wrong here.//

//I sense it also, Master. What of Darth Maul?//

//He's on Coruscant, looking for myself and Anakin.//

//Do you know who his Master is?//

//Yes, but I cannot tell you now.//

//I understand. Please be careful.//

//I will ... Obi-Wan, you are a good apprentice ... If I don't make it, you must train the boy.//

//Master ... don't speak like that ...//

//I must know that I can trust you with this Obi-Wan. Anakin is the Chosen One. He will bring balance.//

//The Council sense danger.//

//I know, but he's not dangerous. Obi-Wan ... please ...//

There is a pause. The young Padawan began to sense just how much this young boy meant to his Master. Qui-Gon's feelings were strong, Obi-Wan was almost overwhelmed and heartened that his Master could have so much love for someone he met mere days ago. //I will, Master, I promise.//

//Thank you, Obi-Wan.//

* * *

 

 

Remaining calm, Darth Sidious said nothing. He was furious. Maul stood before him. "The Jedi was resourceful," he admitted, knowing punishment would come sooner or later. "He stole my Speeder and-"

"I know what happened," Sidious hissed.

"I traced him here and sensed his Force presence at the Interplanetary Hotel."

"You sure it was his?"

"Positive. Not even a kitten's that warm and fuzzy."

Sidious gave a short, soft chuckle, then his smile faded. "I want the Jedi dead and the boy brought before me, unharmed. Book yourself into that hotel and find them. Here are the credits you'll need to pay for the room. Anything from the mini bar's at your own expense."

//Damn.// "Yes, My Master." Maul took the credit pad.

* * *

The pleasent receptionist smiled as Darth Maul handed over the credits. He was surprised to sense she found him rather attractive, usually it was quite the opposite. He permitted himself to smile as she handed him the room card, number 666.

Maul didn't even enter his room, as he began scouring the floors, poking his head out of the elevator at each floor, exiting the lift at the ninth one. He'd sensed something here.

You have sensed a dark presence and you pace nervously. You have not seen Qui-Gon although you know he's on Coruscant.

A curly red wig adorns your head, a holo-camera around your neck, wearing sunglasses a brochure in your hand, you are dressed in tourist fashion, clothes you would normally not be seen dead in as you casually stalk the corridor of the hotel you have booked into. You are certain Qui-Gon is here, as you can sense his warm gentle presence. You want nothing more than to help him. You are here on your own accord, a self made spy, working for no one but yourself, the Universe and the Force.

You see a figure clad in black stop at room 999 and immediately block your senses though you do wonder if the Sith wear any other color than black.

Maul senses a presence behind him and looks at you. You plaster your most pleasent smile on your face.

"Have you been to the pool?" you ask, sending the Sith's impatience and anger, then he gives a fake pleasent smile of his own. "No, not yet. My wife and I only arrived this afternoon."

"Oh? On your honeymoon?"

"Yes." He gives another 'pleasent' smile.

"Oh, that's sooo romantic. You have a good day now."

Satisfied you have sensed no one in the room, you decide to leave. "Nice meeting you," you say.

"You too."

It couldn't be further from the truth, but Gods, he sounded so convincing, if you didn't know better you'd have believed him.

Now that annoying tourist had gone, Maul focused his thoughts on the room. The Force Presence seemed strongest here he thought. He couldn't sense anyone inside, although gripped his lightsabre, as he used the Force to open the door, his eyes darting to each corner of the room. It was empty, although he still sensed something. Maul looked around. The place looked as though a bomb had gone off. Surely no Jedi could meditate in this Eopie sty. Brochures everywhere, with points of interest circled. Pathetic tourists indeed, he decided. Upon looking down, he saw a suitcase full of clothes and rummaged through. Nothing seemed familiar.

//Anyone with such a rotten fashion sense should be shot.//

He ignited his lightsabre and vaporised the grotesque garments.

Again he looked around the room. He noted the dispersal unit had been activated and peered inside, but nothing remained. Nothing seemed amiss in the bathroom either and he started to leave, then something triggered his senses and he sniffed, then growled. //I have found their room, Master, an impressive display to mislead us, although faint, his scent is here.//

//Can you be sure?//

//Sandalwood and Cinnamon, a touch of white musk.//

Maul could almost see his Master nod. //Impressive, my young apprentice. Leave now, they may return.//

//Yes, My Master.//

Before he left, the Sith deftly devoured all the chocolates in the mini-bar.

* * *

Qui-Gon sensed something amiss when he entered the hotel with Anakin. He approached reception with the young boy.

"I'd like to check out please."

"Certainly, Sir. That's One hundred an twenty credits for the room and forty for the mini-bar."

"Mini bar?"

"Our computer says five chocolates are missing."

Qui-Gon looked down. "Lloyd ..." //Don't worry, Ani. I know it wasn't you.//

//You mean they've been in our room? They know we're here?//

Qui-Gon nodded.

"I couldn't help it, Dad. They were just ... there."

"When we get home this is coming out of your pocket money."

"Aww, Daaaaaaaad!"

"I'm not paying for your overpriced chocolates."

"Like the kids always get away with it in the cool holo movies."

"This isn't a movie."

"Tsk! This is like so unwizard." Anakin pouted.

//That's a good one, Ani,// Qui-gon said, impressed with the boy's ability to improvise.

He gave a small smile as he handed over the credits to the smiling front desk receptionist.

//Stay close to me, Ani.//

//Yes, Dad.//

Qui-Gon smiled.

* * *

You stand in the hotel foyer, clad in formal attire to attend Palpatine's reception. You are relieved when you spot Qui-Gon with Anakin. So swift and silent, you almost miss him, although the Force allows you see him. You sense he nor you have attracted any attention, but nevertheless your approach is cautious. You whisper the Universal Greeting.

"Bah Wheep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong."

Qui-Gon looks relieved.

"Sorry I couldn't get to you sooner."

"It's all right," he whispers.

"You can stay in my room," you say. "I've made sure it's safe from the Sith."

"You performed the Jedi privacy ritual?"

"As well as I could."

"I should have done that ... in our room," Qui-Gon said.

"No time to second guess yourself, Master Qui-Gon, you had a lot on your mind."

He smiles and nods, grateful for your understanding. He does not want to hide, but realises that is the best and safest course of action now and he does not want to jeopardise Anakin's safety.

"My room's number 1110, on the top level."

"I cannot thank you enough," Qui-Gon says. "You did not have to do this and yet you're risking your life for us."

You smile. "No less than you."

Qui-Gon smiles warmly.

"Thank you," Anakin says quietly.

"My pleasure," you whisper back, and lead them to the service lift.

Scowling, Maul approaches reception and pays for the room. He'd just as soon skip the joint, but his Master didn't want any unnecessary attention. The younger Sith asked after 'Liam and Lloyd,' maintaining they were friends of his.

"Oh you poor dear, they checked out earlier today."

Maul kept his anger in check, inside he was a raging wildfire.

"Never mind ..." he said, with another 'pleasent' smile, quite proud of how realistic it looked. "I'll send them a post holo."

"Oh, they have beautiful wonderful ones in our gift shop. I like the night ones best."

"Thanks," Maul said, not giving a pile of Poodoo.

He left the hotel and scoured the surrounding area, though he didn't turn up anything, he was sure the Jedi and the boy were near.

* * *

The night you have been dreading has arrived. More people congratulating Palpatine, the man himself looking and feeling very high and mighty. You can tell Finis wants to gag and wishes he could have taken a sickie, but the poor man is suffering in silence.

At first you are dreading giving Palpatine his, although you are relieved to see a table with a pile of gifts for him and place yours there, taking your mother's business card off them. You do not want Palpatine to have your mother's contact information handy. You do not notice the man in question look your way and smile.

You eat your meal in silence, hating to have to wait for all five courses. You hate large meals and eat as little as possible, thanking the Force they have a vegetarian choice. You block all thoughts of Qui-Gon and the Jedi should Palpatine sense anything.

You sit out the dancing. You can do it, although it's not your thing. You feel someone take your hand.

"May I have this dance?"

You are horrified. It is he.

You hide your feelings with a vengeance. "Oh ... Chancellor, please forgive me ... I..."

"You don't dance?"

"Not much."

"I won't mind if you step on my feet."

He smiles, so pleasantly, if you didn't know better you would think he was a really kind man. You let him lead you to the dance floor, wishing you'd been more alert.

"I'm sorry ... just that ... I'm ... I'm ..." You give a sheepish smile. "It's just that you're ... you're so ..."

"Just pretend I'm an ordinary person and not the Supreme Chancellor," he said.

You smile as you dance with him.

"You're not so bad," he says.

"Thank you." You feel his hand creep down a little and stop yourself from shuddering.

"A lovely dress," he says lightly touching the pink fabric.

"Glad you like it," you say in a mock shy voice.

You stand of his feet. "Sorry ..."

"Never mind." He almost winces.

You smile inwardly.

Finally he lets you go. You part, both with 'pleasent' smiles. You are relieved to go and leave the formal early. You have been seen there, which is enough and Palpatine has danced with you which is definitely enough.

You retreat to your room, controlling your anger and fears. Had he sensed something? He didn't seem to. No you decide. His intentions had been purely lecherous.

You open your door, take off your fuchsia headdress and try to unzip your rather uncomfortable formal dress, but the zip is stuck.

"Let me help you."

You smile as Qui-Gon comes out of the bathroom. You notice he had his hand on his lightsaber.

Anakin peeks out of the closet.

"We didn't sense any malevolence, but we had to be sure."

You smile as Qui-Gon helps to unzip your frilly dress, of which the high neck is choking you. You deliberately bought a dress you hated so you would not have to wear the thing again and after dancing with Palpy you wouldn't want to and even he han not sensed it was second hand.

Qui-Gon takes a sip of water from the glass at the bedside table. A knock at the door makes all three of you jump.

Qui-Gon sets the vessel down, instantly centres himself and draws Anakin into his energy.

Your face drains. //It's Palpatine...//

Qui-Gon takes a breath, Anakin is amazed how calm the Jedi Master is and tries to do the same. //Come, Ani.//

Qui-Con recedes into the sliding closet and Anakin follows.

"Coming ..." you call pleasantly to the door.

Qui-Gon silently curses himself for not sensing someone approach, but then as Yoda always said, hard to see the Dark Side is. He backs off to the darkest reaches of the cupboard, Anakin behind him, placing a hanging up pool robe in front of him before using the Force to slide the door closed.

You mess up your hair and answer the door, a look of mock surprise on your face as you greet your guest.

"Chancellor ..."

"Sorry if I've come at a bad time," he says. "May I come in?"

"Uh ... sure ... Sorry the place is a bit of a mess. I'm not quite as organised in my own space."

He smiles. "Neither am I."

You wonder if that's the truth.

"I came to thank you and your mother for the gifts."

"You liked them?" You've a feeling he really couldn't give a Hutt's butt, but he smiles.

"I can't wait to have a bath."

You smile. "Mother had to leave on urgent business," you say. "She-"

"That's quite all right," he says. "It's you I wanted to see."

His hand brushes against your cheek and then he kisses it gently. You smile pleasantly, which you feel far from. You hide all negative thoughts you harbour about this man and the fact that being with him makes you sick to your stomach.

He sniffs and you know you have to come up with an answer quickly before he puts two and two together.

"It's cinnamon and sandalwood, essential oils perfume," you say innocently. "The Jedi have a gift shop not too far from here. All their products are vegan and made form natural ingredients in their Temple. Isn't that cool?"

If you did not know who Palpatine was you would not have seen the intense, but extremely brief flash of anger in his eyes.

"Got some soap and bubble bath too..." You carry on like an excited tourist. "My mom and I love the stuff. You should try some. Have to get some more before I go back."

"Smells lovely," he lies.

"And all the profits go to charities," you say.

Palpatine smiles, but not without that flash of anger. "So like the Jedi," he says. "They're so kind."

You nod, sensing Qui-Gon in the cupboard is trying not to retch.

You are terrified Palpatine will sense him and Anakin or how you really feel about him and so you think the only nice things you can about him and let them crowd your mind.

//He has nice eyes. He has nice eyes. He has nice eyes. Oh Gods, has lovely eyes. I love his robes, the colors are so beautiful. They really suit him.//

"Thank you," he says.

"For what?"

"For your ... gifts again."

You smile. "My pleasure, Chancellor."

"Please," he whispers, brushing hair away from your ear, "call me Palpatine." You shiver.

He walks closer to you, his body pressing against yours. You give a nervous chuckle which isn't far from the truth as he causes you to fall back onto the bed and almost climbs on top of you and touches your face, then kisses your cheek and begins to push your dress of your shoulders.

//He has nice eyes.//

You are beyond nervous.

"What is it?" he asks, a mock concerned look.

"I ... I'm sorry ... Chancellor ... I'm just not used to this..." You make your voice sound like a timid girl. You are nervous, but you are well versed in Jedi ways and self defence, but you would rather not reveal your true intentions at this moment. "I..."

"I'm sorry," he whispers, softly kissing your cheek. "I hope you don't think any less of me. You are a very beautiful woman."

"Thank you, Chancellor."

"Palpatine," he whispers with a pleasent smile.

You realise the only reason he stopped is he does not want a scandal. A Chancellor accused of rape, even if innocent wouldn't stand much of a chance in the Senate, even if he were a Sith.

"I'm sorry," you say again, looking upset.

His smile looks warm. "Some other time, perhaps." he brushes his hand against your cheek.

You sense a little anger, but you know he can be quite patient if need be.

You see him out and wait until he is well out of sensory range. You know his affections are not entirely genuine. There is no doubt in your mind he's planning to seduce you for his own gains, and you know he doesn't have any real respect or love for you. A small part of you is flattered to be desired by a Sith Lord, a Sith Master no less ... There are hundreds of other women in the Galaxy he could choose from, far prettier, richer and with better figures than you, but you know the evil this man's capable of and you would never betray the Jedi, least of all Qui-Gon Jinn.

The Jedi Master finely attunes his senses before emerging with Anakin. The little boy looks horrified. "He ... He didn't... touch you did he?"

"No, Ani," you say, touched by the little boy's concern.

"I'm glad," Qui-Gon says, "I was getting worried."

You smile. "I can take care of myself ... Just would have blown my cover prematurely if he had tried anything. Mind you Palpy singing soprano wouldn't be too bad."

Qui-Gon chuckled. "A Jedi gift shop," he said. "Not a bad idea. Do you really think he has nice eyes?"

You blush. "When I think the evil that man's capable of, it wouldn't matter if he was better looking than you."

You smile. Qui-Gon seems a little embarrassed, though he smiles back at you.

We plan to leave, as we didn't want any more uninvited guests. Qui-Gon goes back into the bathroom to fill a glass of water - really to give you a little privacy as you change. You smile. That man is so considerate. You have never felt so safe with any man before. After you have donned your green tunic and purple velvet cloak, you enter the bathroom grab the hotel's face scrub and put it to good use. After you wash it off, you feel clean, although the thought of Palpatine touching you gives you sickening shivers.

All three of you sense that the coast is clear. Palpatine has gone back down to reception and Maul is pacing around like a caged animal, seething in his hovering infiltrator.

The scene is set and you leave, being extremely careful to keep all thoughts and presence to yourselves as you take the Jedi to your Pastel green custom, sleek hovercar.

"That's so wizard!" Ani exclaims.

Qui-Gon looks impressed, although Jedi do not place emphasis on such things, you like your colors!

You leave by way of the deserted pool, and to your utter dismay, Palpatine sees you. At first he does not see the Jedi.

He speaks your name. You turn and smile.

"You up for a swim?" He pauses when he sees Qui-Gon and Anakin. "...The water's lovely."

The Jedi Master is ready to defend you and Anakin with his life.

"I don't know if you've met Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn," you say, feeling uncomfortable, and feeling Palpatine's arm slide around your back doesn't help. "He's a friend of mine."

Palpatine's pleasent smile is plastered on his face again.

Qui-Gon gives a fake pleasent smile of his own. "Chancellor."

"Master Qui-Gon introduced myself and mother to the Jedi gift shop I told you about."

Palpatine smiles again.

"I'll be happy to take you up on that swim, Chancellor," you say, pretending you're interested, "but I promised Master

Qui-Gon lift back to the Jedi Temple ... Look ... I'm sorry about what happened in my room ... just that it was a surprise and ..."

"Think nothing of it," Palpatine says, softly.

You give a shy smile. "I won't be long."

"I'll be waiting," he says, kissing your cheek.

You smile and leave with the Jedi.

//I'm sure I can find you some more face scrub. Maybe our shop has some.// Qui says.

Your smirk is hidden from Palpatine's view.

You sense Palpatine following you and you sense his anger, however he can't create a scene here and won't jeopardise his newly elected status. You want to laugh at how he practically has his enemies in his grasp and yet, can't touch them.

You take Qui and Ani to your hovercar and wait until they climb inside. Qui-Gon makes sure Anakin is safe first. You smile, always caring for others he is. You turn to see Palpatine by a tree. He smiles at you and waves, seeming to maintain his affection.

You are satisfied that Qui-Gon and Ani are safe and the car has not been tampered with. You turn to Palpy and smile, although your let your pleasent smile fade in an instant and give him a look of utter disgust that you wouldn't even give a cockroach. His smile fades instantly. With a wisp of your cape, you flash him the butt of your lightsaber, letting him know you and the Jedi knew just who he is. He doesn't bother to hide the anger and hatred in his eyes, but you also see a flicker of respect at how you managed to fool him. You sense him seething, craving revenge and you wonder how someone can live with being so hateful.

You climb in the car and take off, before Palpatine decides to risk an attack.

"Thank you," Qui-Gon said. "I've been wondering how the Jedi would let him know. Lightsaber, huh? Nice touch."

"Yoda gave it to me. 'If need be, butts you must kick,' he said," you say, putting on the small Jedi Master's voice.

Qui-Gon laughed. "He really said that?"

You smile and nod. "So you say you've got face scrub?"

"Only the best. Tatooinian," Qui-Gon says with a smile, kissing your cheek.

"Forget the scrub," you say. "I'm never gonna wash this cheek again."

Qui-Gon laughs. Ani can't hold back a smile.

//I like her, Master Qui-Gon.//

//So do I...//

* * *

Obi-Wan embraces his Master, thrilled to have him alive and well.

"Love your new robe, Master. Where'd you get it?" He admires the dark green velvet fabric.

"Downtown Coruscant ... the other side."

Obi-Wan smiles and kneels down to Anakin.

"Anakin Skywalker," Qui-Gon says, "meet Obi-Wan Kenobi."

"Master Qui-Gon's told me so much about you."

"Well you're at an advantage," Kenobi says. "But I've no doubt my Master'll tell me all about you too."

Ani smiles.

Obi-Wan stands and turns to you. "Thank you."

You smile. "I could say it's my job, but it's more ... I could accept fees for my services, but that wouldn't be right. The Universe needs a helping hand now and again."

Obi-Wan smiles. "And I thought you were just another pathetic life form."

You giggle. Qui-Gon cannot help but smile as he turns to you. "I can't thank you enough," he says your name. "... To tell you the truth ... when I first heard you were going to be meeting me on Coruscant, I thought-"

You smile. "That I wouldn't be there? That I would betray you?"

He looks ashamed. "I'm sorry ... I was worried about Anakin, his mother, thinking of the slaves..."

You hold fingers up to his mouth. "No need to apologize, Master Jinn."

"Thank you," he says, his voice soft. "I guess I'm not used to meeting people like me."

Obi-Wan realises that in the short time his Master had known you, you have become more than a Volunteer Universal Light Worker. He smiles as his Master gently embraces you, kisses you and as he takes you to meditate with him in the presence of the warm, glowing Jedi Healing Crystals of Fire

 

 

*

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Back to Qui~Gon Page